It’s Valentine’s Day this Friday! I’m sure you already have something planned for your snuggle muffin (yep, that’s what I call MG). But do you have something prepared for your friends and coworkers?
Remember in elementary school when you decorated your brown paper bag so that your friends could give you Valentine’s Day cards? I picked out the best ones for your best friends (Don’t lie, you did this too). Maybe even add a piece of candy here and there. Those were the days… when your biggest decision was “which card to give whom?”
For this Valentine’s Day, remember what this day is really about – showing people that you love them. I don’t know what that means to you, maybe it’s a nice dinner to set aside time to catch up apart from your busy lives. That’s definitely the case for MG and I. He’s been really busy with work, so we’ll be going out to dinner on Monday for a date night. It will be time well spent, and I’m looking forward to a special date night out.
Another way to show love is to bring treats to work on Valentine’s Day. It’s such a nice way to give someone something without having to spend too much money. My go-to treat, cookies! Simple recipe, you can make them in bulk so it won’t take a lot of time, and they are easy to carry to work.
This chocolate and caramel cookie is one of my favorite recipes! The chewiness of caramel makes for a delicious cookie. Crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle with bits of chewy caramel, and melty gooey chocolate throughout.
Ooey-Gooey Cookie Recipe:
- 2 cup and 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of caramel bits (I use Kraft)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs, then add the vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Mix the granulated sugar and brown sugar together. Then blend the butter into the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend the eggs and vanilla into the sugar mixture. Add in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Form dough balls onto a baking sheet. I like to make bite-sized cookies, so I use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to help me form the dough balls.
- When the oven is ready, put the tray into the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Got this sweet stand as a wedding gift – from the Royal Albert collection at Macy’s
Do you bring goodies to your friends and colleagues for Valentine’s Day? What will you be bringing this year? What are some other items you like to give?
All my love,