Thanksgiving is one of those holidays where I reflect upon this past year and count my blessings. This year has had it’s ups and downs, but I’m thankful for each moment that taught me to be stronger than I was a year before.
I’m thankful for:
- My family that provides constant love and support, even from all the way back in Texas
- I’m thankful for my friends that stand by me and the family-like love we give each other
- My job and everyone there, because I actually enjoy it and the people make the craziness just a bit more manageable
- My faith because that’s what gets me through each day
- The family that Ming-Gih and I are building together, with Chubs and Ella, and now the newest edition, Baby Lam
Funny story is that we had just gotten a puppy the week before (oops!). I was already late that month but typically that’s normal since a lot of environmental factors can impact my schedule, like stress. But MG knew that something must be up so he kept asking me to take a pregnancy test. I was so annoyed that he kept asking that I finally did to quiet him. I went to go brush my teeth to wait for the results, and walked back into the restroom. Upon looking, I screamed, “OH MY GOD!” and MG replied, “What? What is it!” And I said, “Oh nothing. It’s negative,” as I’m beginning to stream tears down my face. Finally he got my response and said, “Aw baby, congratulations!” He knows me. I’d always dreamed of surprising him with an announcement gift, which is what I wanted to do, but this one cannot lie.
We’re beyond excited! I’ve had 3 ultrasounds now and hearing the little heartbeat makes the body changes totally worth it. At our last ultrasound, we watched our little one swallow, kick, and stretch. That all brought me to tears and made it a reality. We’re going to be parents!
Our parents are ecstatic. We actually filmed our announcements to them so you’ll have to come back to watch their reactions. I’m now 15 weeks in and am starting to show a bumpy.
Can’t wait to meet this little nugget in May!
What are you thankful for?