Who has a sweet tooth?
I do! These rice crispy treats are the perfect sweet. I love chewy treats and am a huge fan of caramel. This recipe has melted chocolate and bits of caramel, perfect for any sweet craving.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of caramel bits
Since I used brown rice cereal, it makes this a bit healthier right?
1. Melt butter in a large pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until it’s melted and blended. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal and stir until pieces are well coated.
3. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Add caramel bits and mix well.
5. Use a spatula and press mixture together into a 13 x 9 inch pan and let cool. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve!
It’s such an easy treat to make and extremely satisfying. Those caramel chewy bits MAKE this recipe the perfect after dinner dessert. Or midnight snack. Or afternoon snack. Or breakfast… Yeah!
Caramel bits can be hard to find. Another option is to cut up bits of Werther’s chewy caramels.
Who’s craving something sweet? I would also like to know, who’s the lucky person you would you make these treats for?